Your front door is your first impression when you arrive at your home. Many homeowners spend money on a high-quality and visually appealing doormat to decorate their entryway. This will make visitors feel more welcome.
Door mats serve two purposes: They beautify your foyer and trap dirt. They are prone to stains, dirt, sand or snow accumulation, as well as mud and sand. Over time, the dirt builds up, making your welcome mat look dirty and sullying it.
Regularly clean your doormat to keep it in tip-top condition and to make your entryway inviting and inviting.
Here is a step by-step guide that will help you clean your doormat without damaging it.
Indoor mats made from woven fabrics can be treated in the same manner as carpets or small rugs when they are cleaned. Rubber-backed cotton rugs can be machine washed. Make sure to read the care instructions. The mats can be washed in warm water. If you want extra protection, wrap the mat in a blanket or a bag and wash it.
Hang the mat outside to dry. Avoid direct sunlight.
If you are looking for a gentler way to clean, these are the steps.
- You can also shake the mat outdoors to get rid dirt and other debris.
- Vacuum the mat using a brush attachment. If you don’t own a vacuum cleaner, you can use a broom and hang the mat to dry on a linen.
- Use a mild soapy solution and a sponge for any staining on the mat.
- Rinse with clean water and hang to dry.
Coir and natural fibre doormats
Some doormats have stiff, natural fibres like coir. Coir is a strong and durable material that is ideal for welcoming guests. Coir and natural fibre doormats also resist rot and water, making them great for outdoor use. The firm fibres are excellent at removing hard dirt from shoes’ soles.
Natural fibre doormats will not be machine washable. These instructions will help you clean your coir doormat.
- Place your mat on a table and shake it. You can also hang your mat outdoors and beat it by a stick, broom, or clothesline.
- Vacuum both ends of the mat. Vacuum the mat on both sides.
- To get rid stubborn dirt and stains from your skin, use a soft bristled brush that has small, stiff bristles. You should scrub as lightly as possible and in the direction the fibers direct you.
- Hang the mat to dry. To avoid discoloration, do not place the mat in direct sunshine.
- When the mat has dried, sprinkle dry-cleaning powder over it. Apply the powder with a bristle brush and shake off the excess.
Brighten up your entryway
Buy waterhog mats online from door mat. We have a wide variety of styles and textures available to suit your home. Our doormats will clean your shoes while dressing up your front porch. Every mat is made of sustainable materials which wick away moisture.